IAA-CSIC offers an engineer contract in the framework of the Project “Severo Ochoa”. Candidates are expected to carry out their activity in the technological projects developed in the UDIT (Unidad de Desarrollo Instrumental y Tecnológico) at IAA-CSIC for ground-based and space instrumentation.
The tasks will be:
- High-precision structural and mechanical design of opto-mechanical systems.
- Production of 3D models and manufacturing drawings with CAD design software (3D/2D).
- Monitoring of the manufacturing process and subsequent verification.
- Thermal and structural simulations using finite element analysis software.
- Design of cryogenic refrigeration systems based on nitrogen (liquid and gas).
- Design of vacuum systems.
- Thermo-vacuum tests in a clean room. Safe handling of nitrogen (liquid and gas).
The fellowships include a competitive salary and full health insurance. Selected candidates will be included in SO-IAA grants, which provide additional funds for scientific visits, attendance to advanced schools and workshops, and other training activities.
IAA is an equal opportunity institution. Applications to this program by female scientists are particularly encouraged.Should you need any further information or assistance concerning the application, please contact the IAA at severoochoa[at]iaa.es