IAA-CSIC offers a two years postdoctoral contract in the framework of the Project “Severo Ochoa”. Candidates are expected to carry out their activity in the research line of Planetary Systems.
1) To study the atmospheric escape over a wide sample of gaseous planets by analysing the He triplet absorption observations. The analysis will be performed with 1D models in a first instance. The development/application of 3D models to provide more realistic atmospheric escape estimations are also foreseen.
2) To characterize the atmospheres of the Ultra Hot Jupiters by the analyses of high-resolution ground-based measurements in the visible. This is planned to be carried out by submitting proposals to current ground-based instrumentation and the application of 3D chemistry and radiative transfer models.
- Ability for writing compelling research proposals for ground-based and space instruments
- Ability for developing/applying atmospheric models
- Ability for carrying out independent research researching, yet in synergy with a research team, and leadership would be highly appreciated.
- Expertise on scientific programming (Fortran, Python, IDL, ...) and fluent in English are essential.
The fellowships include a competitive salary and full health insurance. Selected candidates will be included in SO-IAA grants, which provide additional funds for scientific visits, attendance to advanced schools and workshops, and other training activities.
IAA is an equal opportunity institution. Applications to this program by female scientists are particularly encouraged.Should you need any further information or assistance concerning the application, please contact the IAA at severoochoa[at]iaa.es
Interested candidates should fill an application for a preselection at the IAA, using the web form reachable throught button below. It's required the upload of a CV, a list of publications and the provision of the e-mails of three referees.