IAA-CSIC offers a two-year postdoctoral contract in the framework of the Project “Severo Ochoa”. Candidates are expected to carry out their activity in the research line of Planetary Systems.
* Scientific exploitation of CARMENES, with data obtained through guaranteed time observations, and of its extensions.
* Exoplanet characterization through the analysis e interpretation of high-resolution spectra and the determination of high-precision radial velocities and orbital parameters.
* Depending on the complementary candidate expertise, the candidate will carry out any additional studies of dynamical stability of the planetary system, the circumstellar environment, planet formation, system evolution, influence of the stellar activity on the planetary parameters or atmospheric characterization through the study of wavelength-dependent radial velocity curve amplitudes at transit time, to name a few possibilities.
* Degree in physics and PhD in astrophysics.
* Postdoc with a good scientific record of experience and publications on planet detection and/or characterization.
* A very good command of English with proven drafting ability.
The fellowships include a competitive salary and full health insurance. Selected candidates will be included in SO-IAA grants, which provide additional funds for scientific visits, attendance to advanced schools and workshops, and other training activities.
IAA is an equal opportunity institution. Applications to this program by female scientists are particularly encouraged.Should you need any further information or assistance concerning the application, please contact the IAA at severoochoa[at]iaa.es
Interested candidates should fill an application for a preselection at the IAA, using the web form reachable throught button below. It's required the upload of a CV, a list of publications and the provision of the e-mails of three referees.